We Are Hiring
Surgical Technologist - Operating Room - FT Days - Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital - Rochester, MI
Shift/Schedule: Three 12-hour shifts per week, 7:00 AM - 7:30 PM. Weekend, Holiday and Call Rotation.
* $5000 for qualified new hires
* Full-time and part-time roles only
* Minimum of one (1) year of experience required
* Other limitations apply
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission: Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is dedicated to enhancing the health status of the individuals and communities we serve in partnership with our physicians, employees and community members.
We are called to:
* Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
* Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
* Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
* Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
* Creativity - Courageous innovation
* Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
Our Vision: To be the recognized healthcare Employer of choice.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital, you will have the opportunity to support the Mission and Vision of Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital by functioning as part of the surgical team under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse and in collaboration with all members of the surgical services team. Adheres to accepted standards and follows department policies and procedures while preparing for and assisting with surgical procedures.
* Essential Functions
* Applies the principles of asepsis in a competent manner to provide optimum patient care. Maintains highest standard of sterile technique and corrects and reports any breaks in sterile technique.
* Participates in general cleaning, stocking and sterilization of instruments and supplies in the OR according to policy and procedure; maintains a clean, organized, and safe OR environment.
* Assists in setting up the OR with supplies and instruments. Arranges supplies and instruments for efficient use during the surgical procedure. Differentiates sterilization methods for special equipment and instruments necessary for specific surgical procedures as required.
* Assists with moving and positioning of patients pre-, intra-, and post-operatively.
* Scrubs on all surgical procedures performed in assigned work area.
* Anticipates and prepares for the needs of the surgeon when passing instruments, sponges, sutures, etc. Also, anticipates the needs of the surgical team and assists efficiently within the sterile field as directed by the surgeon.
* Maintains an accurate count of sponges, sharps and instruments and is jointly responsible with the RN circulator for ensuring counts are complete and accurate prior to the procedure and before the incision is closed.
* Acts as a resource/preceptor for new personnel and students collaboratively and under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
* Performs all duties in a manner consistent with safe patient care and according to policy and procedures. Respects confidentiality of patient records and information, patient's right to privacy, dignity and safety.
* Contributes to unit projects and assists in trial and evaluation of new surgical products and procedures.
* Participates in continuing education/in-service meetings, seeking opportunity for professional growth and development, maintaining a current continuing education record and mandatory education requirements.
* Promotes a positive work environment as evidenced by quality service and positive staff attitudes.
* Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital through performing behaviors consistent with the Standards of Performance and Code of Ethics.
* This position shall have access to and disclose personal health information only when reasonably necessary to perform the designated job related responsibilities. Disclosure and/or use of personal health information for any purpose other than as reasonably necessary for designated job responsibilities is prohibited.
* Non-Essential Functions
* Performs all other duties and assignments as requested.
* This position requires the ability to identify age related differences within the persons served and the adjustment of treatment style and expectations as appropriate, including adjustments based on the persons served cognitive function and learning ability. This will include taking into account their religious and cultural needs and preferences.
What You Will Need
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS course required.
* Preferred Credential(s):
* CST Certification preferred.
* HS or Equivalent
* High school diploma or GED equivalent, and one of the following:
* a) Military service trained as a Surgical Technologist
* b) LPN trained as a Surgical Technologist
* c) Successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist Program.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Rochester Providence Hospital is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the \"EEO is the Law\" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Thank you for considering a career with Crittenton Hospital Medical Center.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Associated topics: blood collection, laboratory, medical laboratory science, mls, services, technician ii, technician lab, technologist, testing, toxicology